I visited this place yesterday and was happy to find an unpretentious little gem off Main St. The food, with offerings of gluten free and vegan options, was prepared fresh and delicious. We shared tacos and a curry rice bowl, ample portions for two. The owner is engaging and service is fast. Plenty of parking around the lovely neighborhood.
Amazingly delicious food. Friendly personable interactions with the staff. Fresh, fresh food. Great flavour. Food looks amazing and tastes even better! Definitely worth heading over there. Walk by and the wonderful wafting smell will draw you in......
I was lucky to stumble upon this gem on an empty stomach a few months ago. Not only is the food fresh and delicious, but the service is stellar. I've since been back with a group, on my own, and I recently placed a small (last-minute) catering order for an office party. Every interaction is an absolute pleasure and the fare terrifically tasty!
Went to Sula Wok today with a friend because I knew they offered vegan options. I had the tacos and she had the momos. The food was great. Lots of flavour! The service was very good as well. The owners are very nice and very engaging with their clients. Clean and fast service. I recommend this place.
I came here for lunch for the first time and had the portobello mushroom and sweet potato tacos. They were so good that I'm going back for dinner tonight to try more of the menu! The food was fresh and there were so many different flavours that somehow came together perfectly into one meal. The owner was super friendly and accommodating, and I had lots of vegan options to choose from. Plus they're a family-run business if you like supporting the local community!
This is an AMAZING family run business!! You won’t regret stopping here for some Asian food. Great range of menu options, very friendly and attentive service. Really enjoyed their decor as well. Home made food cooked right in front of you...sooo delicious!
If it were possible to give 10 stars, I would. It was my first time going and Sula Wok is so incredibly delicious!! I ordered the Vietnamese BBQ Pork Tacos, my friend got the Sweet and Sour Pork Tacos and they were so amazing! The atmosphere of the restaurant is so beautiful and soothing as soon as you walk in. My friend and I got the chance to get to talk to one of the owners and cooks, Andrew. He is so kind, he really took the time to tell us about the menu and was so passionate about his work. This place is honestly so phenomenal, I recommend this to everyone. It is the perfect place to eat!!
Highly recommend! Food is flavourful, fresh and with a broad selection of vegan and vegetarian items too. Delicious, reasonably priced, and such a fantastic addition to the neighbourhood. Andrew and Sula and family are delightful hosts - also great for takeout and lovely setting inside and outside. Very homey!
Amazing food! There happen to be a large line when we arrived but it was worth the wait. The food was exquisite and Andrew, the owner, was very friendly and super informative - giving us a background on how Sula Wok came to be. While I was eating my food I was trying to think when was the next time I could visit. It’s that good 😍🤤🥟
amazing food served by great people. I was even amazed to see they also serve the food in compostable bowls and offer equivalent forks for an environmentally friendly experience! More restaurants need to start this movement to get away from plastic. This place is certainly worth checking out!
Food is always excellent here. Everything is hand-made from scratch. Half the menu is vegan and every item has a vegan option. The dishes themselves are unique and include a variety of fresh ingredients that create some awesome flavour combinations. The owners are friendly and welcoming. They go out of their way, always asking if people have vegan or vegetarian requirements and if anyone has a peanut allergy. Highly recommend!
Came here for lunch with a friend and had the spring roll salad and the vegetarian dumpling. The food was fresh, flavourful, and delicious. I really liked that there were lots of vegetarian/vegan options. It's a cute spot and the owner is friendly. Definitely recommend it!
People Love Our Food
- Sula has the best momo's I have had outside of Nepal. Fresh, ingredients, tasty, reasonable prices. Highly recommended!Jayneretired public servant
- The green papaya salad is amazing! Perfect sweet, sour, salty and spicy. Yum!Gabrielle
- Our family has been following Sula in her various incarnations for the past few years. She is everywhere in Ottawa...downtown with her cart, on the frozen canal with a pop-up booth, in different parks and last Sunday at the Ottawa Food Truck Rendevous. Sula is from Tibet and makes great Asian food. Her Asian taco creations are light, tasty and full of healthy items and come with tofu, chicken or beef. My favourite dish from Sula is a Tibetan speciality - momos! These are like dumplings and Sula puts all kinds of fun stuff on them and you have a choice of hot, cucumber or ginger sauce and crushed peanut or sesame seed toppings, We bump into her so much she know all out names. Rumour has it she is planning to expand. Good luck Sula!
- Thank you for the amazing dinner tonight. Our daughter is usually a fussy eater and after dinner at your new restaurant she asked if we could come every weekend and eat the leftovers throughout the week! Amazing food and we look forward to sampling more items soon.Carrie AlymanPharma
- I've always loved stopping at the cart for a taco and now with an expanded menu and a full time restaurant I can get Sula Wok whenever I want! So delicious!Selena KarkashHuge fan
- Sula's tacos were the highlight of the Asian Fest for me and my wife this year. The bold flavours of the toppings combined perfectly with the savoury fillings. We were truly blown away and will now seek out the trucks for regular visits!BillPsychologist