We visited Sula Wok for the first time today - what a delicious culinary adventure! Sula's dumplings are fabulous, Pad Thai packs just enough heat to allow you to enjoy all the flavours of the dish and the Tibetan curry beef tacos are just to die for! Great food! Wonderful owners! You must visit!
Fantastic little gem on Main St. with a large array of options (many vegan options, much to my delight!) for any palate. The dumplings are a must, as they are soft, pillowy clouds of perfection. I love how you are given sauces to choose from, and the lovely owners are very welcoming and friendly. Some innovative flavours here that should really be discovered by more people! Two thumbs up.
I visited this place yesterday and was happy to find an unpretentious little gem off Main St. The food, with offerings of gluten free and vegan options, was prepared fresh and delicious. We shared tacos and a curry rice bowl, ample portions for two. The owner is engaging and service is fast. Plenty of parking around the lovely neighborhood.
In sincerity Sula Wok holds a special place in the city. The food is of high quality and is made with care, they really do bring you their best! Fresh and tasty, fun too...highly recommend!
Fantastic food. Such a rare commitment to quality. The owners understand that their success is built one satisfied customer at a time. Support this business!
First time visitor. The owner is extremely courteous and really passionate about her food. Small seating area inside in addition to take out. Food is prepared quickly and presented well. Great atmosphere and wonderful tasting food. Looking forward to visiting again in the future.
Finally, Asian food in Old Ottawa East. And it's amazing! And they are really nice! We've been there twice and have tried about 7 different dishes. All of the food is excellent. Of particular note is the spicy papaya salad which is made as it should be, in a giant clay mortar with plenty of fresh red chillis. The addition of very fragrant Thai basil of a variety that I've not come across before makes it the absolute best in town by far. I have traveled to Thailand extensively for work and have eaten my share over there and Sula's easily stands up to the real deal. The portions are large and very reasonably priced. Both times we ate like kings and still had leftovers for lunch the next day. I highly recommend this wonderful establishment and am looking forward to the patio doors opening up this summer.
Amazing food! There happen to be a large line when we arrived but it was worth the wait. The food was exquisite and Andrew, the owner, was very friendly and super informative - giving us a background on how Sula Wok came to be. While I was eating my food I was trying to think when was the next time I could visit. It’s that good ???
amazing food served by great people. I was even amazed to see they also serve the food in compostable bowls and offer equivalent forks for an environmentally friendly experience! More restaurants need to start this movement to get away from plastic. This place is certainly worth checking out!
Amazingly delicious and fresh fusion food. I had the Asian tacos (hence the fusion food) which were very delicious, I have tried the Tibetan Curry Beef and my favourite Vietnamese BBQ Pork tacos. The dumplings are very yummy and I love the ginger peanut sauce, I have tried the Pork Mushroom and Thai Basil Chicken. The owners are passionate about their food, which makes their food that much more appreciative. Parking might be hard on Main street, but just around the corner is amble parking 🙂 I have to bring my sister/friends and kids here to try their food since I love it! Steve
Delicious mom & pop Asian restaurant/take-out shop! The owners are really inviting and friendly, and made the overall dining experience fantastic. We tried the eggplant rice bowl, the Tibetan beef tacos, and pork and chive dumplings. The menu offers many different choices, influenced from multiple Asian cuisines. As a result, the flavours and textures are really interesting and unique, particularly in Ottawa. Definitely a place I'll revisit!
Great food and great people. They lost a star because it was a little pricey. I really liked the food and the owners are incredibly friendly. I wish there were more food options in this little pocket of the city....It's a gem in here that's ready to shine!
People Love Our Food
- Thank you for the amazing dinner tonight. Our daughter is usually a fussy eater and after dinner at your new restaurant she asked if we could come every weekend and eat the leftovers throughout the week! Amazing food and we look forward to sampling more items soon.Carrie AlymanPharma
- I've always loved stopping at the cart for a taco and now with an expanded menu and a full time restaurant I can get Sula Wok whenever I want! So delicious!Selena KarkashHuge fan
- Sula's tacos were the highlight of the Asian Fest for me and my wife this year. The bold flavours of the toppings combined perfectly with the savoury fillings. We were truly blown away and will now seek out the trucks for regular visits!BillPsychologist
- Sula makes amazingly creative dishes. She uses fresh ingredients and lots of vegetables to create unique food full of flavour. Included are many different toppings to suit a variety of tastes. There are wonderful vegetarian, meat and gluten free options. I highly recommend any of her dishesRuth
- Sula has the best momo's I have had outside of Nepal. Fresh, ingredients, tasty, reasonable prices. Highly recommended!Jayneretired public servant
- Our family has been following Sula in her various incarnations for the past few years. She is everywhere in Ottawa...downtown with her cart, on the frozen canal with a pop-up booth, in different parks and last Sunday at the Ottawa Food Truck Rendevous. Sula is from Tibet and makes great Asian food. Her Asian taco creations are light, tasty and full of healthy items and come with tofu, chicken or beef. My favourite dish from Sula is a Tibetan speciality - momos! These are like dumplings and Sula puts all kinds of fun stuff on them and you have a choice of hot, cucumber or ginger sauce and crushed peanut or sesame seed toppings, We bump into her so much she know all out names. Rumour has it she is planning to expand. Good luck Sula!