The food at Sula Wok is absolutely delicious and diverse in terms of Asian cuisine. It is a family business, and a very friendly one at that. They have gluten free and vegan options and will do their best to accommodate any allergies. The best part though are that their chopsticks, forks and plates are all compostable. There is no doubt that this restaurant deserves 5 stars.
I don’t know anything about Tibetan food, but I do know I good story when I eat it. And that’s what you get; a story, an experience. And it’s a unique, fresh, and amazing story. A wonderful balance of sweet, tangy, smokey, and clean. Thank you, Sula, for sharing your story and heritage in an amazing, delicious way.
A neighborhood gem! The owners put their heart and soul into the business and the food...and it shows! Great vegan and vegetarian options but plenty of meat if you swing that way too. Everyone can be satisfied! Super allergy aware as well which is appreciated. If you need it served a certain way just ask and Andrew and Sula will do their best to meet your needs. Old Ottawa East is lucky to have Sula Wok cooking up goodness on Main Street. The recent addition of oat milk based ice cream was welcome. Try a sample!
The food here is phenomenal and filling. This family business really did deserve the award they have put up in the restaurant because its out of this world. While my friends and I had the fried rice and dumplings (we ordered extra to take home), I'm confident that anything on their menu will taste delicious and nutritious. 😋😋
I had dinner here with my family. The food was as amazing as it looks. The owners were very helpful making sure our dietary requests were met. The sauces to put on top were delicious. And it didn't go unnoticed that they use eco friendly cups, dishes and cutlery.
Amazing food. The owner was very nice to me. This was my first time at sula wok and I asked what he would recommend. The fried noodle and the lemon grass vermicelli was very good. I would recommend if your in the area or just make your way down. Amazing
Delicious Asian food that will keep you coming back for more. Owned and run by a friendly local Ottawa couple who are always going the extra mile. The food is absolutely incredible. We love the Asian tacos and spicy pad Thai. We feel like we’re on vacation with the relaxed outdoor seating. Highly recommend checking this place out!
Fantastic quality and quantity for the price. Fantastic family-run service. Such a cute atmosphere with patio seating. I have celiac and the owner assured me that he was going to do everything he could to make sure I was safe, and I was fine! Great gluten-free and vegan options. Well-deserved 5 stars.
In sincerity Sula Wok holds a special place in the city. The food is of high quality and is made with care, they really do bring you their best! Fresh and tasty, fun too...highly recommend!
A great restaurant for a hot, fresh and fast meal. The owners/staff are very welcoming and friendly. So nice to have more delicious options on Main Street!
Sula Wok is a Tibetan restaurant that serves fantastic food. Sula and Andrew demonstrate pride in their customer service and delicious eats. They put their heart and soul to ensure that the food is worth the stop. I can tell you from personal experience that it definitely is; if you are in the area and want a fantastic meal, the Sula Wok is the place to visit!
Decided to try Sula Wok tonight for dinner (take out). As soon as I walked in, the owners were inviting, gladly offering to explain the menu and offer recommendations. I was picking up dinner for two, and got the Mild Thai Lemongrass rice bowl, Spicy Sichuan Peanut rice bowl, and the Pork & Chive dumplings. Everything was wonderful! Fresh ingredients and full of flavour. A great audition to the neighbourhood. I wish them every success! Go check them out!!!!
People Love Our Food
- Sula has the best momo's I have had outside of Nepal. Fresh, ingredients, tasty, reasonable prices. Highly recommended!Jayneretired public servant
- Sula makes amazingly creative dishes. She uses fresh ingredients and lots of vegetables to create unique food full of flavour. Included are many different toppings to suit a variety of tastes. There are wonderful vegetarian, meat and gluten free options. I highly recommend any of her dishesRuth
- Fantastic dumplings and salads, home made pickles and other goodness makes this the perfect spot on snowy day.Blair CampbellSearching for the perfect dumplings *found them
- I've always loved stopping at the cart for a taco and now with an expanded menu and a full time restaurant I can get Sula Wok whenever I want! So delicious!Selena KarkashHuge fan
- The green papaya salad is amazing! Perfect sweet, sour, salty and spicy. Yum!Gabrielle
- Sula's tacos were the highlight of the Asian Fest for me and my wife this year. The bold flavours of the toppings combined perfectly with the savoury fillings. We were truly blown away and will now seek out the trucks for regular visits!BillPsychologist