Delicious mom & pop Asian restaurant/take-out shop! The owners are really inviting and friendly, and made the overall dining experience fantastic. We tried the eggplant rice bowl, the Tibetan beef tacos, and pork and chive dumplings. The menu offers many different choices, influenced from multiple Asian cuisines. As a result, the flavours and textures are really interesting and unique, particularly in Ottawa. Definitely a place I'll revisit!
Just had the lemongrass rice bowl and it was amazing! Very flavourful and loaded with a very good mix of veggies and chicken. It isn't spicy but you can add your own spice from the ones they have out. The decor is great and the place smells delicious. I highly recommend!
I went here with my family tonight for the first time. We all loved our meals, the food was delicious and flavourful. Everything tasted authentic and homemade. The prices and the service was fantastic! They had a cute patio too which would be fabulous on a sunny day. I will be returning again!
It's so easy in Ottawa to give out 5 stars. But this is one truly deserved. Sula wok is one of the hardest working chefs that I've seen and it pays off in her food. If you've never experienced a night market overseas, eating at one of many family run foodcarts then this is the closest you may get in Ottawa. Fast and delicious are the hallmarks of the good ones. This is one of the good ones.
I have visited this place a few times. The owners are affable, charming and I always learn something. I had a meal of Asian tacos, one beef, two pork. The tacos are outstanding. The vegetables are pickled, the sauces, like the tacos are fresh and cooked before you by sula herself. The tables are very rustic and display some jewelry made by Sula. On my next visit, I purchased the dumplings...again superb. This place is a must stop. I have brought friends and family alike, and they are all literally blown away by the taste and quality. The peanut sauce...what can I say. Karine Langley
Sula Wok is a Tibetan restaurant that serves fantastic food. Sula and Andrew demonstrate pride in their customer service and delicious eats. They put their heart and soul to ensure that the food is worth the stop. I can tell you from personal experience that it definitely is; if you are in the area and want a fantastic meal, the Sula Wok is the place to visit!
AMAZING place! My boyfriend and I tried it for the first time tonight and we were the most impressed. The owners were the kindest and the atmosphere was great. We shared the egg rolls, and three different types of tacos (sweet and sour pork, Vietnamese bbq pork, and chilled spicy chicken), and each item had so much flavour. My favourites were definitely the pork tacos!! 10/10 would recommend this place for anything from a quick snack to a late-evening date night dinner.
A terrific addition to our neighbourhood, serving delicious, interesting food in a beautiful modern but playful setting. Sula wok’s menu is familiar, with unique twists. The people here are friendly and casual. Stop in for a quick order to go, or stay for dinner. Either way, you will not be disappointed.
Decided to try Sula Wok tonight for dinner (take out). As soon as I walked in, the owners were inviting, gladly offering to explain the menu and offer recommendations. I was picking up dinner for two, and got the Mild Thai Lemongrass rice bowl, Spicy Sichuan Peanut rice bowl, and the Pork & Chive dumplings. Everything was wonderful! Fresh ingredients and full of flavour. A great audition to the neighbourhood. I wish them every success! Go check them out!!!!
I was lucky to stumble upon this gem on an empty stomach a few months ago. Not only is the food fresh and delicious, but the service is stellar. I've since been back with a group, on my own, and I recently placed a small (last-minute) catering order for an office party. Every interaction is an absolute pleasure and the fare terrifically tasty!
Amazing food! There happen to be a large line when we arrived but it was worth the wait. The food was exquisite and Andrew, the owner, was very friendly and super informative - giving us a background on how Sula Wok came to be. While I was eating my food I was trying to think when was the next time I could visit. It’s that good 😍🤤🥟
I stopped in last night for the first time and enjoyed the delicious Enchanted Broccoli Forest. Sula Wok is an excellent alternative to the usual boring takeout. Super fresh, super tasty ingredients and served hot by very friendly staff. It's a small place but comfortable and has a very cozy atmosphere. Looking forward to our next visit.
People Love Our Food
- Thank you for the amazing dinner tonight. Our daughter is usually a fussy eater and after dinner at your new restaurant she asked if we could come every weekend and eat the leftovers throughout the week! Amazing food and we look forward to sampling more items soon.Carrie AlymanPharma
- The green papaya salad is amazing! Perfect sweet, sour, salty and spicy. Yum!Gabrielle
- Sula has the best momo's I have had outside of Nepal. Fresh, ingredients, tasty, reasonable prices. Highly recommended!Jayneretired public servant
- I've always loved stopping at the cart for a taco and now with an expanded menu and a full time restaurant I can get Sula Wok whenever I want! So delicious!Selena KarkashHuge fan
- Sula's tacos were the highlight of the Asian Fest for me and my wife this year. The bold flavours of the toppings combined perfectly with the savoury fillings. We were truly blown away and will now seek out the trucks for regular visits!BillPsychologist
- Our family has been following Sula in her various incarnations for the past few years. She is everywhere in Ottawa...downtown with her cart, on the frozen canal with a pop-up booth, in different parks and last Sunday at the Ottawa Food Truck Rendevous. Sula is from Tibet and makes great Asian food. Her Asian taco creations are light, tasty and full of healthy items and come with tofu, chicken or beef. My favourite dish from Sula is a Tibetan speciality - momos! These are like dumplings and Sula puts all kinds of fun stuff on them and you have a choice of hot, cucumber or ginger sauce and crushed peanut or sesame seed toppings, We bump into her so much she know all out names. Rumour has it she is planning to expand. Good luck Sula!