I came here for lunch for the first time and had the portobello mushroom and sweet potato tacos. They were so good that I'm going back for dinner tonight to try more of the menu! The food was fresh and there were so many different flavours that somehow came together perfectly into one meal. The owner was super friendly and accommodating, and I had lots of vegan options to choose from. Plus they're a family-run business if you like supporting the local community!
Walked past this place multiple times and figured I would try it one day, I will 100% go back because the food was amazing, my tacos were soooo good! The service was caring and I enjoyed how the owner (think it was the owner) cared so much about special instructions and making sure we had everything we needed/everything was to our liking. Bonus for me was the price of the items, super affordable and great portions 🙂
I went here with my family tonight for the first time. We all loved our meals, the food was delicious and flavourful. Everything tasted authentic and homemade. The prices and the service was fantastic! They had a cute patio too which would be fabulous on a sunny day. I will be returning again!
In sincerity Sula Wok holds a special place in the city. The food is of high quality and is made with care, they really do bring you their best! Fresh and tasty, fun too...highly recommend!
The food is always great. I've been looking for papaya salad that tastes like it does in Thailand and I found out here. The people are lovely. I'm happy to support a local family business.
I just love Sula Wok! Everything is made from scratch by Sula herself. It is tasteful, delicious and affordable. The service is always personalized. They make you feel warmly welcomed. Summer time, you can eat outside as they offer 3 nice tables. Otherwise, you can eat inside or buy as a take out. If you want to eat at one of the best Asian food restaurant in Ottawa, I strongly recommend it.
LOVE this place and the entire concept. Kind of makes you feel like you're travelling. I love the vegan and Omni options alike, great for a group! The outdoor sitting area is perfect for a nice day.
I tried Sula Wok a week ago and will be returning soon since I have been craving it ever since. I tried the Tibetan Fried Noodle with tofu and asked for it spicy. The vegetables and tofu were super fresh and flavourful and the spice did not disappoint! I really appreciated the wide selection of vegetarian/vegan options on the menu! I found the prices to be very fair and portions are also generous. The restaurant and patio are very nice, another review described it perfectly as a "Compact, but airy, garage 'pop-up' style layout". Andrew and Sula were most welcoming and were pleasant to chat with. I look forward to returning to try Sula's Saucy Pad Thai!
Very delicious! Worth trying both their dumplings and tacos. Plenty of vegan options and you'll have a hard time finding friendlier owners!
If it were possible to give 10 stars, I would. It was my first time going and Sula Wok is so incredibly delicious!! I ordered the Vietnamese BBQ Pork Tacos, my friend got the Sweet and Sour Pork Tacos and they were so amazing! The atmosphere of the restaurant is so beautiful and soothing as soon as you walk in. My friend and I got the chance to get to talk to one of the owners and cooks, Andrew. He is so kind, he really took the time to tell us about the menu and was so passionate about his work. This place is honestly so phenomenal, I recommend this to everyone. It is the perfect place to eat!!
Amazing restaurant! The owners are so sweet and caring and go out of their way to make you feel welcome even with a constant flow of guests coming in. Their menu is pretty much half vegan and they have so many delicious options for both vegan and non-vegans, which makes it a perfect place for anyone. I can’t recommend this place enough, it’s a must try in Ottawa.
A terrific addition to our neighbourhood, serving delicious, interesting food in a beautiful modern but playful setting. Sula wok’s menu is familiar, with unique twists. The people here are friendly and casual. Stop in for a quick order to go, or stay for dinner. Either way, you will not be disappointed.
People Love Our Food
- Thank you for the amazing dinner tonight. Our daughter is usually a fussy eater and after dinner at your new restaurant she asked if we could come every weekend and eat the leftovers throughout the week! Amazing food and we look forward to sampling more items soon.Carrie AlymanPharma
- Sula has the best momo's I have had outside of Nepal. Fresh, ingredients, tasty, reasonable prices. Highly recommended!Jayneretired public servant
- Our family has been following Sula in her various incarnations for the past few years. She is everywhere in Ottawa...downtown with her cart, on the frozen canal with a pop-up booth, in different parks and last Sunday at the Ottawa Food Truck Rendevous. Sula is from Tibet and makes great Asian food. Her Asian taco creations are light, tasty and full of healthy items and come with tofu, chicken or beef. My favourite dish from Sula is a Tibetan speciality - momos! These are like dumplings and Sula puts all kinds of fun stuff on them and you have a choice of hot, cucumber or ginger sauce and crushed peanut or sesame seed toppings, We bump into her so much she know all out names. Rumour has it she is planning to expand. Good luck Sula!
- Sula's tacos were the highlight of the Asian Fest for me and my wife this year. The bold flavours of the toppings combined perfectly with the savoury fillings. We were truly blown away and will now seek out the trucks for regular visits!BillPsychologist
- Sula makes amazingly creative dishes. She uses fresh ingredients and lots of vegetables to create unique food full of flavour. Included are many different toppings to suit a variety of tastes. There are wonderful vegetarian, meat and gluten free options. I highly recommend any of her dishesRuth
- Fantastic dumplings and salads, home made pickles and other goodness makes this the perfect spot on snowy day.Blair CampbellSearching for the perfect dumplings *found them