Came here for lunch with a friend and had the spring roll salad and the vegetarian dumpling. The food was fresh, flavourful, and delicious. I really liked that there were lots of vegetarian/vegan options. It's a cute spot and the owner is friendly. Definitely recommend it!
We visited Sula Wok for the first time today - what a delicious culinary adventure! Sula's dumplings are fabulous, Pad Thai packs just enough heat to allow you to enjoy all the flavours of the dish and the Tibetan curry beef tacos are just to die for! Great food! Wonderful owners! You must visit!
Amazing food. The owner was very nice to me. This was my first time at sula wok and I asked what he would recommend. The fried noodle and the lemon grass vermicelli was very good. I would recommend if your in the area or just make your way down. Amazing
Sula Wok is a Tibetan restaurant that serves fantastic food. Sula and Andrew demonstrate pride in their customer service and delicious eats. They put their heart and soul to ensure that the food is worth the stop. I can tell you from personal experience that it definitely is; if you are in the area and want a fantastic meal, the Sula Wok is the place to visit!
It's so easy in Ottawa to give out 5 stars. But this is one truly deserved. Sula wok is one of the hardest working chefs that I've seen and it pays off in her food. If you've never experienced a night market overseas, eating at one of many family run foodcarts then this is the closest you may get in Ottawa. Fast and delicious are the hallmarks of the good ones. This is one of the good ones.
Wonderful spot. Compact, but airy, garage 'pop-up' style layout - perfect for a quick bite. Great, fresh Asian fusion food - had the pork dumplings, and BBQ pork tacos - both delicious. Andrew (who many locals will know from his downtown food cart) and family could not be more conscientious or accommodating. Highly recommended.
Delicious Asian food that will keep you coming back for more. Owned and run by a friendly local Ottawa couple who are always going the extra mile. The food is absolutely incredible. We love the Asian tacos and spicy pad Thai. We feel like we’re on vacation with the relaxed outdoor seating. Highly recommend checking this place out!
Decided to try Sula Wok tonight for dinner (take out). As soon as I walked in, the owners were inviting, gladly offering to explain the menu and offer recommendations. I was picking up dinner for two, and got the Mild Thai Lemongrass rice bowl, Spicy Sichuan Peanut rice bowl, and the Pork & Chive dumplings. Everything was wonderful! Fresh ingredients and full of flavour. A great audition to the neighbourhood. I wish them every success! Go check them out!!!!
Food is always excellent here. Everything is hand-made from scratch. Half the menu is vegan and every item has a vegan option. The dishes themselves are unique and include a variety of fresh ingredients that create some awesome flavour combinations. The owners are friendly and welcoming. They go out of their way, always asking if people have vegan or vegetarian requirements and if anyone has a peanut allergy. Highly recommend!
I visited this place yesterday and was happy to find an unpretentious little gem off Main St. The food, with offerings of gluten free and vegan options, was prepared fresh and delicious. We shared tacos and a curry rice bowl, ample portions for two. The owner is engaging and service is fast. Plenty of parking around the lovely neighborhood.
My second time eating here in 2 days. I tried the Thai Chicken Dumplings yesterday and loved them so much I went back today and had both the beef and the pork. Perfect. Best dumplings I’ve ever had. Service is fast and friendly. Everyone around me was ordering Asian Tacos. I asked someone about them and she raved at how good they are. That's next on my list of their tasty looking treats. A great newish place in a neighbourhood that needed something like this. Will be back whenever I’m out this way.
I love this place. The food is fabulous. Dumplings!!!! Asian Tacos!!!! The lovely husband and wife that own it are so nice and they care about their customers. It's fun flavorful food in a great little space. I'll be back for sure.
People Love Our Food
- Our family has been following Sula in her various incarnations for the past few years. She is everywhere in Ottawa...downtown with her cart, on the frozen canal with a pop-up booth, in different parks and last Sunday at the Ottawa Food Truck Rendevous. Sula is from Tibet and makes great Asian food. Her Asian taco creations are light, tasty and full of healthy items and come with tofu, chicken or beef. My favourite dish from Sula is a Tibetan speciality - momos! These are like dumplings and Sula puts all kinds of fun stuff on them and you have a choice of hot, cucumber or ginger sauce and crushed peanut or sesame seed toppings, We bump into her so much she know all out names. Rumour has it she is planning to expand. Good luck Sula!
- I've always loved stopping at the cart for a taco and now with an expanded menu and a full time restaurant I can get Sula Wok whenever I want! So delicious!Selena KarkashHuge fan
- Sula makes amazingly creative dishes. She uses fresh ingredients and lots of vegetables to create unique food full of flavour. Included are many different toppings to suit a variety of tastes. There are wonderful vegetarian, meat and gluten free options. I highly recommend any of her dishesRuth
- The green papaya salad is amazing! Perfect sweet, sour, salty and spicy. Yum!Gabrielle
- Fantastic dumplings and salads, home made pickles and other goodness makes this the perfect spot on snowy day.Blair CampbellSearching for the perfect dumplings *found them
- Thank you for the amazing dinner tonight. Our daughter is usually a fussy eater and after dinner at your new restaurant she asked if we could come every weekend and eat the leftovers throughout the week! Amazing food and we look forward to sampling more items soon.Carrie AlymanPharma