Friendly staff and flavourful food! I had the dumplings and the extra hot sauce and pickled veg that comes with the dumplings is tasty. I highly recommend that dish. I also tried the Tibetan noodle - while not truly Tibetan in flavour or style, it still tasted pretty good.
The food here is phenomenal and filling. This family business really did deserve the award they have put up in the restaurant because its out of this world. While my friends and I had the fried rice and dumplings (we ordered extra to take home), I'm confident that anything on their menu will taste delicious and nutritious. 😋😋
The food is always great. I've been looking for papaya salad that tastes like it does in Thailand and I found out here. The people are lovely. I'm happy to support a local family business.
I went here with my family tonight for the first time. We all loved our meals, the food was delicious and flavourful. Everything tasted authentic and homemade. The prices and the service was fantastic! They had a cute patio too which would be fabulous on a sunny day. I will be returning again!
AMAZING place! My boyfriend and I tried it for the first time tonight and we were the most impressed. The owners were the kindest and the atmosphere was great. We shared the egg rolls, and three different types of tacos (sweet and sour pork, Vietnamese bbq pork, and chilled spicy chicken), and each item had so much flavour. My favourites were definitely the pork tacos!! 10/10 would recommend this place for anything from a quick snack to a late-evening date night dinner.
Amazingly delicious and fresh fusion food. I had the Asian tacos (hence the fusion food) which were very delicious, I have tried the Tibetan Curry Beef and my favourite Vietnamese BBQ Pork tacos. The dumplings are very yummy and I love the ginger peanut sauce, I have tried the Pork Mushroom and Thai Basil Chicken. The owners are passionate about their food, which makes their food that much more appreciative. Parking might be hard on Main street, but just around the corner is amble parking 🙂 I have to bring my sister/friends and kids here to try their food since I love it! Steve
Finally, Asian food in Old Ottawa East. And it's amazing! And they are really nice! We've been there twice and have tried about 7 different dishes. All of the food is excellent. Of particular note is the spicy papaya salad which is made as it should be, in a giant clay mortar with plenty of fresh red chillis. The addition of very fragrant Thai basil of a variety that I've not come across before makes it the absolute best in town by far. I have traveled to Thailand extensively for work and have eaten my share over there and Sula's easily stands up to the real deal. The portions are large and very reasonably priced. Both times we ate like kings and still had leftovers for lunch the next day. I highly recommend this wonderful establishment and am looking forward to the patio doors opening up this summer.
I came here for lunch for the first time and had the portobello mushroom and sweet potato tacos. They were so good that I'm going back for dinner tonight to try more of the menu! The food was fresh and there were so many different flavours that somehow came together perfectly into one meal. The owner was super friendly and accommodating, and I had lots of vegan options to choose from. Plus they're a family-run business if you like supporting the local community!
Came here for lunch with a friend and had the spring roll salad and the vegetarian dumpling. The food was fresh, flavourful, and delicious. I really liked that there were lots of vegetarian/vegan options. It's a cute spot and the owner is friendly. Definitely recommend it!
LOVE this place and the entire concept. Kind of makes you feel like you're travelling. I love the vegan and Omni options alike, great for a group! The outdoor sitting area is perfect for a nice day.
Great food. The vegan dishes were delicious and the service was outstanding. The owners are good people!
This is an AMAZING family run business!! You won’t regret stopping here for some Asian food. Great range of menu options, very friendly and attentive service. Really enjoyed their decor as well. Home made food cooked right in front of you...sooo delicious!
People Love Our Food
- Sula has the best momo's I have had outside of Nepal. Fresh, ingredients, tasty, reasonable prices. Highly recommended!Jayneretired public servant
- Sula makes amazingly creative dishes. She uses fresh ingredients and lots of vegetables to create unique food full of flavour. Included are many different toppings to suit a variety of tastes. There are wonderful vegetarian, meat and gluten free options. I highly recommend any of her dishesRuth
- Thank you for the amazing dinner tonight. Our daughter is usually a fussy eater and after dinner at your new restaurant she asked if we could come every weekend and eat the leftovers throughout the week! Amazing food and we look forward to sampling more items soon.Carrie AlymanPharma
- I've always loved stopping at the cart for a taco and now with an expanded menu and a full time restaurant I can get Sula Wok whenever I want! So delicious!Selena KarkashHuge fan
- Fantastic dumplings and salads, home made pickles and other goodness makes this the perfect spot on snowy day.Blair CampbellSearching for the perfect dumplings *found them
- The green papaya salad is amazing! Perfect sweet, sour, salty and spicy. Yum!Gabrielle