The food is always great. I've been looking for papaya salad that tastes like it does in Thailand and I found out here. The people are lovely. I'm happy to support a local family business.
Amazingly delicious food. Friendly personable interactions with the staff. Fresh, fresh food. Great flavour. Food looks amazing and tastes even better! Definitely worth heading over there. Walk by and the wonderful wafting smell will draw you in......
The food at Sula Wok is absolutely delicious and diverse in terms of Asian cuisine. It is a family business, and a very friendly one at that. They have gluten free and vegan options and will do their best to accommodate any allergies. The best part though are that their chopsticks, forks and plates are all compostable. There is no doubt that this restaurant deserves 5 stars.
Great food! Authentic taste. Not overly oily or spicy like in some other places. Sula brought out fresh broth when I asked for it. I would visit again for sure.
Amazing restaurant! The owners are so sweet and caring and go out of their way to make you feel welcome even with a constant flow of guests coming in. Their menu is pretty much half vegan and they have so many delicious options for both vegan and non-vegans, which makes it a perfect place for anyone. I can’t recommend this place enough, it’s a must try in Ottawa.
If it were possible to give 10 stars, I would. It was my first time going and Sula Wok is so incredibly delicious!! I ordered the Vietnamese BBQ Pork Tacos, my friend got the Sweet and Sour Pork Tacos and they were so amazing! The atmosphere of the restaurant is so beautiful and soothing as soon as you walk in. My friend and I got the chance to get to talk to one of the owners and cooks, Andrew. He is so kind, he really took the time to tell us about the menu and was so passionate about his work. This place is honestly so phenomenal, I recommend this to everyone. It is the perfect place to eat!!
Tried this place out after a Facebook recommendation and it is amazing. The food was delicious, filling and great portion size. The service was impeccable and the restaurant very clean. Sat outside and had an amazing lunch. The staff was super grand! I will definitely be back. I had the coconut, noodles with tofu, vegetarian dumplings and my friend had the spring roll salad and she enjoyed it! I highly recommend this place and will be back!
Highly recommend! Food is flavourful, fresh and with a broad selection of vegan and vegetarian items too. Delicious, reasonably priced, and such a fantastic addition to the neighbourhood. Andrew and Sula and family are delightful hosts - also great for takeout and lovely setting inside and outside. Very homey!
this is one of those spots that I've been telling all of my friends about because I want them to experience what I experience when I come here. This place is for anyone that loves Asian cuisine. Truly authentic foods from Southeast Asia and China that we are very lucky to be tasting far far away from the original place of inception. Sula's recipes and cooking is very fresh, as she grows her own ingredients, and very knowledgable, as she seems to continually be iterating new recipes or refining old ones. An incredible variety in the menu (over 20 options, all very complex) is the reason why I will always be coming back here. Well, that and the very local approach to business by Sula and her husband Andrew. Thanks you two for being courageous enough to start something like this. I am very lucky to have tried authentic foods I never would have been able to taste living in Ottawa, like the Guilin Noodles.
I visited this place yesterday and was happy to find an unpretentious little gem off Main St. The food, with offerings of gluten free and vegan options, was prepared fresh and delicious. We shared tacos and a curry rice bowl, ample portions for two. The owner is engaging and service is fast. Plenty of parking around the lovely neighborhood.
Delicious food. I had lunch there today with a friend and we both agreed that this place was a hidden gem. We were both extremely pleased with our choices (the tacos and the sweet potato dumpling). Will definitely go there regularly!
Great food and great people. They lost a star because it was a little pricey. I really liked the food and the owners are incredibly friendly. I wish there were more food options in this little pocket of the city....It's a gem in here that's ready to shine!
People Love Our Food
- Our family has been following Sula in her various incarnations for the past few years. She is everywhere in Ottawa...downtown with her cart, on the frozen canal with a pop-up booth, in different parks and last Sunday at the Ottawa Food Truck Rendevous. Sula is from Tibet and makes great Asian food. Her Asian taco creations are light, tasty and full of healthy items and come with tofu, chicken or beef. My favourite dish from Sula is a Tibetan speciality - momos! These are like dumplings and Sula puts all kinds of fun stuff on them and you have a choice of hot, cucumber or ginger sauce and crushed peanut or sesame seed toppings, We bump into her so much she know all out names. Rumour has it she is planning to expand. Good luck Sula!
- Sula has the best momo's I have had outside of Nepal. Fresh, ingredients, tasty, reasonable prices. Highly recommended!Jayneretired public servant
- Sula makes amazingly creative dishes. She uses fresh ingredients and lots of vegetables to create unique food full of flavour. Included are many different toppings to suit a variety of tastes. There are wonderful vegetarian, meat and gluten free options. I highly recommend any of her dishesRuth
- Fantastic dumplings and salads, home made pickles and other goodness makes this the perfect spot on snowy day.Blair CampbellSearching for the perfect dumplings *found them
- I've always loved stopping at the cart for a taco and now with an expanded menu and a full time restaurant I can get Sula Wok whenever I want! So delicious!Selena KarkashHuge fan
- Thank you for the amazing dinner tonight. Our daughter is usually a fussy eater and after dinner at your new restaurant she asked if we could come every weekend and eat the leftovers throughout the week! Amazing food and we look forward to sampling more items soon.Carrie AlymanPharma