Incredible food made by an incredible family. Every time I try a new item on their menu I love it! I highly recommend their portobello mushroom tacos and the momo dumplings, both of which can be made vegan upon request (among many other vegan friendly items). One of my favourite restaurants in Ottawa for sure 🙂
Went to Sula Wok today with a friend because I knew they offered vegan options. I had the tacos and she had the momos. The food was great. Lots of flavour! The service was very good as well. The owners are very nice and very engaging with their clients. Clean and fast service. I recommend this place.
Food is always excellent here. Everything is hand-made from scratch. Half the menu is vegan and every item has a vegan option. The dishes themselves are unique and include a variety of fresh ingredients that create some awesome flavour combinations. The owners are friendly and welcoming. They go out of their way, always asking if people have vegan or vegetarian requirements and if anyone has a peanut allergy. Highly recommend!
Great place, awesome tacos and dumplings with incredible flavour, and warm and a very welcoming owner! Definitely recommend. Great people and great food.
Delicious food, I've had pretty much everything now. My favourite so far is the Chinese eggplant rice bowl, with the Tibetan noodles close behind. Sitting outside in the summer is great!
I visited this place yesterday and was happy to find an unpretentious little gem off Main St. The food, with offerings of gluten free and vegan options, was prepared fresh and delicious. We shared tacos and a curry rice bowl, ample portions for two. The owner is engaging and service is fast. Plenty of parking around the lovely neighborhood.
Fantastic quality and quantity for the price. Fantastic family-run service. Such a cute atmosphere with patio seating. I have celiac and the owner assured me that he was going to do everything he could to make sure I was safe, and I was fine! Great gluten-free and vegan options. Well-deserved 5 stars.
I love this place. The food is fabulous. Dumplings!!!! Asian Tacos!!!! The lovely husband and wife that own it are so nice and they care about their customers. It's fun flavorful food in a great little space. I'll be back for sure.
The owners have created a beautiful, warm environment to enjoy some absolutely incredible food! The pork chive dumplings with the ginger peanut sauce rocked my world, and it was so easy and lovely to chat with Andrew throughout a delicious meal. Thank you for a great experience!
Sula Wok is a Tibetan restaurant that serves fantastic food. Sula and Andrew demonstrate pride in their customer service and delicious eats. They put their heart and soul to ensure that the food is worth the stop. I can tell you from personal experience that it definitely is; if you are in the area and want a fantastic meal, the Sula Wok is the place to visit!
Just went to this place for the first time with my boyfriend. We ordered half vegan dumplings and half pork dumplings (12), eggplant rice dish with tofu, and a meat curry taco and a 5spice tofu taco. First of all the dumplings were very good, super flavorful and juicy and fresh and chewy. The sauces were fantastic and the pickled vegetables were just the right touch. The tacos had kimchi in it which made it spicy but it was pretty good. The last dish was the tofu eggplant rice, which to be honest I would give only 4.5 stars for because it was a little bland and dry for my personal taste but I asked the guy if I could add the sesame and ginger sauce, and the spicy dumpling sauce and it tasted a lot better. Portion sized are decent, not huge but just enough. Prices are fair. But the thing that really gets me excited is that all the bowls cups and even forks are biodegradable and environmentally conscious. The tables outside are adorable. Overall vibes is a 5 star , food is 4.5 star excluding the dumplings which are definately a favorite. I will be back for more to try the rest of their menu!! ❤
Wonderful spot. Compact, but airy, garage 'pop-up' style layout - perfect for a quick bite. Great, fresh Asian fusion food - had the pork dumplings, and BBQ pork tacos - both delicious. Andrew (who many locals will know from his downtown food cart) and family could not be more conscientious or accommodating. Highly recommended.
People Love Our Food
- Fantastic dumplings and salads, home made pickles and other goodness makes this the perfect spot on snowy day.Blair CampbellSearching for the perfect dumplings *found them
- The green papaya salad is amazing! Perfect sweet, sour, salty and spicy. Yum!Gabrielle
- Thank you for the amazing dinner tonight. Our daughter is usually a fussy eater and after dinner at your new restaurant she asked if we could come every weekend and eat the leftovers throughout the week! Amazing food and we look forward to sampling more items soon.Carrie AlymanPharma
- Sula makes amazingly creative dishes. She uses fresh ingredients and lots of vegetables to create unique food full of flavour. Included are many different toppings to suit a variety of tastes. There are wonderful vegetarian, meat and gluten free options. I highly recommend any of her dishesRuth
- Sula's tacos were the highlight of the Asian Fest for me and my wife this year. The bold flavours of the toppings combined perfectly with the savoury fillings. We were truly blown away and will now seek out the trucks for regular visits!BillPsychologist
- Sula has the best momo's I have had outside of Nepal. Fresh, ingredients, tasty, reasonable prices. Highly recommended!Jayneretired public servant