It's so easy in Ottawa to give out 5 stars. But this is one truly deserved. Sula wok is one of the hardest working chefs that I've seen and it pays off in her food. If you've never experienced a night market overseas, eating at one of many family run foodcarts then this is the closest you may get in Ottawa. Fast and delicious are the hallmarks of the good ones. This is one of the good ones.
Amazing restaurant! The owners are so sweet and caring and go out of their way to make you feel welcome even with a constant flow of guests coming in. Their menu is pretty much half vegan and they have so many delicious options for both vegan and non-vegans, which makes it a perfect place for anyone. I can’t recommend this place enough, it’s a must try in Ottawa.
A neighborhood gem! The owners put their heart and soul into the business and the food...and it shows! Great vegan and vegetarian options but plenty of meat if you swing that way too. Everyone can be satisfied! Super allergy aware as well which is appreciated. If you need it served a certain way just ask and Andrew and Sula will do their best to meet your needs. Old Ottawa East is lucky to have Sula Wok cooking up goodness on Main Street. The recent addition of oat milk based ice cream was welcome. Try a sample!
Delicious mom & pop Asian restaurant/take-out shop! The owners are really inviting and friendly, and made the overall dining experience fantastic. We tried the eggplant rice bowl, the Tibetan beef tacos, and pork and chive dumplings. The menu offers many different choices, influenced from multiple Asian cuisines. As a result, the flavours and textures are really interesting and unique, particularly in Ottawa. Definitely a place I'll revisit!
I tried Sula Wok a week ago and will be returning soon since I have been craving it ever since. I tried the Tibetan Fried Noodle with tofu and asked for it spicy. The vegetables and tofu were super fresh and flavourful and the spice did not disappoint! I really appreciated the wide selection of vegetarian/vegan options on the menu! I found the prices to be very fair and portions are also generous. The restaurant and patio are very nice, another review described it perfectly as a "Compact, but airy, garage 'pop-up' style layout". Andrew and Sula were most welcoming and were pleasant to chat with. I look forward to returning to try Sula's Saucy Pad Thai!
I came here for lunch for the first time and had the portobello mushroom and sweet potato tacos. They were so good that I'm going back for dinner tonight to try more of the menu! The food was fresh and there were so many different flavours that somehow came together perfectly into one meal. The owner was super friendly and accommodating, and I had lots of vegan options to choose from. Plus they're a family-run business if you like supporting the local community!
The food here is phenomenal and filling. This family business really did deserve the award they have put up in the restaurant because its out of this world. While my friends and I had the fried rice and dumplings (we ordered extra to take home), I'm confident that anything on their menu will taste delicious and nutritious. 😋😋
Just had the lemongrass rice bowl and it was amazing! Very flavourful and loaded with a very good mix of veggies and chicken. It isn't spicy but you can add your own spice from the ones they have out. The decor is great and the place smells delicious. I highly recommend!
First time visitor. The owner is extremely courteous and really passionate about her food. Small seating area inside in addition to take out. Food is prepared quickly and presented well. Great atmosphere and wonderful tasting food. Looking forward to visiting again in the future.
My second time eating here in 2 days. Best dumplings I’ve ever had. Service is fast and friendly. Perfect spot in a neighbourhood that needed something like this. Will be back whenever I’m out this way.
The owners have created a beautiful, warm environment to enjoy some absolutely incredible food! The pork chive dumplings with the ginger peanut sauce rocked my world, and it was so easy and lovely to chat with Andrew throughout a delicious meal. Thank you for a great experience!
Amazingly delicious and fresh fusion food. I had the Asian tacos (hence the fusion food) which were very delicious, I have tried the Tibetan Curry Beef and my favourite Vietnamese BBQ Pork tacos. The dumplings are very yummy and I love the ginger peanut sauce, I have tried the Pork Mushroom and Thai Basil Chicken. The owners are passionate about their food, which makes their food that much more appreciative. Parking might be hard on Main street, but just around the corner is amble parking 🙂 I have to bring my sister/friends and kids here to try their food since I love it! Steve
People Love Our Food
- The green papaya salad is amazing! Perfect sweet, sour, salty and spicy. Yum!Gabrielle
- Our family has been following Sula in her various incarnations for the past few years. She is everywhere in Ottawa...downtown with her cart, on the frozen canal with a pop-up booth, in different parks and last Sunday at the Ottawa Food Truck Rendevous. Sula is from Tibet and makes great Asian food. Her Asian taco creations are light, tasty and full of healthy items and come with tofu, chicken or beef. My favourite dish from Sula is a Tibetan speciality - momos! These are like dumplings and Sula puts all kinds of fun stuff on them and you have a choice of hot, cucumber or ginger sauce and crushed peanut or sesame seed toppings, We bump into her so much she know all out names. Rumour has it she is planning to expand. Good luck Sula!
- Sula makes amazingly creative dishes. She uses fresh ingredients and lots of vegetables to create unique food full of flavour. Included are many different toppings to suit a variety of tastes. There are wonderful vegetarian, meat and gluten free options. I highly recommend any of her dishesRuth
- Sula has the best momo's I have had outside of Nepal. Fresh, ingredients, tasty, reasonable prices. Highly recommended!Jayneretired public servant
- Sula's tacos were the highlight of the Asian Fest for me and my wife this year. The bold flavours of the toppings combined perfectly with the savoury fillings. We were truly blown away and will now seek out the trucks for regular visits!BillPsychologist
- Thank you for the amazing dinner tonight. Our daughter is usually a fussy eater and after dinner at your new restaurant she asked if we could come every weekend and eat the leftovers throughout the week! Amazing food and we look forward to sampling more items soon.Carrie AlymanPharma