I went here with my family tonight for the first time. We all loved our meals, the food was delicious and flavourful. Everything tasted authentic and homemade. The prices and the service was fantastic! They had a cute patio too which would be fabulous on a sunny day. I will be returning again!
It's so easy in Ottawa to give out 5 stars. But this is one truly deserved. Sula wok is one of the hardest working chefs that I've seen and it pays off in her food. If you've never experienced a night market overseas, eating at one of many family run foodcarts then this is the closest you may get in Ottawa. Fast and delicious are the hallmarks of the good ones. This is one of the good ones.
Finally, Asian food in Old Ottawa East. And it's amazing! And they are really nice! We've been there twice and have tried about 7 different dishes. All of the food is excellent. Of particular note is the spicy papaya salad which is made as it should be, in a giant clay mortar with plenty of fresh red chillis. The addition of very fragrant Thai basil of a variety that I've not come across before makes it the absolute best in town by far. I have traveled to Thailand extensively for work and have eaten my share over there and Sula's easily stands up to the real deal. The portions are large and very reasonably priced. Both times we ate like kings and still had leftovers for lunch the next day. I highly recommend this wonderful establishment and am looking forward to the patio doors opening up this summer.
A terrific addition to our neighbourhood, serving delicious, interesting food in a beautiful modern but playful setting. Sula wok’s menu is familiar, with unique twists. The people here are friendly and casual. Stop in for a quick order to go, or stay for dinner. Either way, you will not be disappointed.
First time visitor. The owner is extremely courteous and really passionate about her food. Small seating area inside in addition to take out. Food is prepared quickly and presented well. Great atmosphere and wonderful tasting food. Looking forward to visiting again in the future.
This is one of my new favourite restaurants! Sula is such a hard and skillful worker and is truly doing her work with passion and expertise. This is a place with quality food, great portion sizes, and amazing prices. You can count on having great customer service and on being served by trustworthy workers. I definitely recommend everyone to visit. The pork and eggplant rice bowl is one of my favourites!
Delicious mom & pop Asian restaurant/take-out shop! The owners are really inviting and friendly, and made the overall dining experience fantastic. We tried the eggplant rice bowl, the Tibetan beef tacos, and pork and chive dumplings. The menu offers many different choices, influenced from multiple Asian cuisines. As a result, the flavours and textures are really interesting and unique, particularly in Ottawa. Definitely a place I'll revisit!
Just had the lemongrass rice bowl and it was amazing! Very flavourful and loaded with a very good mix of veggies and chicken. It isn't spicy but you can add your own spice from the ones they have out. The decor is great and the place smells delicious. I highly recommend!
If it were possible to give 10 stars, I would. It was my first time going and Sula Wok is so incredibly delicious!! I ordered the Vietnamese BBQ Pork Tacos, my friend got the Sweet and Sour Pork Tacos and they were so amazing! The atmosphere of the restaurant is so beautiful and soothing as soon as you walk in. My friend and I got the chance to get to talk to one of the owners and cooks, Andrew. He is so kind, he really took the time to tell us about the menu and was so passionate about his work. This place is honestly so phenomenal, I recommend this to everyone. It is the perfect place to eat!!
Amazing food! There happen to be a large line when we arrived but it was worth the wait. The food was exquisite and Andrew, the owner, was very friendly and super informative - giving us a background on how Sula Wok came to be. While I was eating my food I was trying to think when was the next time I could visit. It’s that good 😍🤤🥟
Decided to try Sula Wok tonight for dinner (take out). As soon as I walked in, the owners were inviting, gladly offering to explain the menu and offer recommendations. I was picking up dinner for two, and got the Mild Thai Lemongrass rice bowl, Spicy Sichuan Peanut rice bowl, and the Pork & Chive dumplings. Everything was wonderful! Fresh ingredients and full of flavour. A great audition to the neighbourhood. I wish them every success! Go check them out!!!!
I have visited this place a few times. The owners are affable, charming and I always learn something. I had a meal of Asian tacos, one beef, two pork. The tacos are outstanding. The vegetables are pickled, the sauces, like the tacos are fresh and cooked before you by sula herself. The tables are very rustic and display some jewelry made by Sula. On my next visit, I purchased the dumplings...again superb. This place is a must stop. I have brought friends and family alike, and they are all literally blown away by the taste and quality. The peanut sauce...what can I say. Karine Langley
People Love Our Food
- I've always loved stopping at the cart for a taco and now with an expanded menu and a full time restaurant I can get Sula Wok whenever I want! So delicious!Selena KarkashHuge fan
- Thank you for the amazing dinner tonight. Our daughter is usually a fussy eater and after dinner at your new restaurant she asked if we could come every weekend and eat the leftovers throughout the week! Amazing food and we look forward to sampling more items soon.Carrie AlymanPharma
- Sula's tacos were the highlight of the Asian Fest for me and my wife this year. The bold flavours of the toppings combined perfectly with the savoury fillings. We were truly blown away and will now seek out the trucks for regular visits!BillPsychologist
- Sula makes amazingly creative dishes. She uses fresh ingredients and lots of vegetables to create unique food full of flavour. Included are many different toppings to suit a variety of tastes. There are wonderful vegetarian, meat and gluten free options. I highly recommend any of her dishesRuth
- Fantastic dumplings and salads, home made pickles and other goodness makes this the perfect spot on snowy day.Blair CampbellSearching for the perfect dumplings *found them
- Sula has the best momo's I have had outside of Nepal. Fresh, ingredients, tasty, reasonable prices. Highly recommended!Jayneretired public servant