Food is always excellent here. Everything is hand-made from scratch. Half the menu is vegan and every item has a vegan option. The dishes themselves are unique and include a variety of fresh ingredients that create some awesome flavour combinations. The owners are friendly and welcoming. They go out of their way, always asking if people have vegan or vegetarian requirements and if anyone has a peanut allergy. Highly recommend!
Fantastic little gem on Main St. with a large array of options (many vegan options, much to my delight!) for any palate. The dumplings are a must, as they are soft, pillowy clouds of perfection. I love how you are given sauces to choose from, and the lovely owners are very welcoming and friendly. Some innovative flavours here that should really be discovered by more people! Two thumbs up.
Went to Sula Wok today with a friend because I knew they offered vegan options. I had the tacos and she had the momos. The food was great. Lots of flavour! The service was very good as well. The owners are very nice and very engaging with their clients. Clean and fast service. I recommend this place.
Delicious mom & pop Asian restaurant/take-out shop! The owners are really inviting and friendly, and made the overall dining experience fantastic. We tried the eggplant rice bowl, the Tibetan beef tacos, and pork and chive dumplings. The menu offers many different choices, influenced from multiple Asian cuisines. As a result, the flavours and textures are really interesting and unique, particularly in Ottawa. Definitely a place I'll revisit!
I went here with my family tonight for the first time. We all loved our meals, the food was delicious and flavourful. Everything tasted authentic and homemade. The prices and the service was fantastic! They had a cute patio too which would be fabulous on a sunny day. I will be returning again!
I came here for lunch for the first time and had the portobello mushroom and sweet potato tacos. They were so good that I'm going back for dinner tonight to try more of the menu! The food was fresh and there were so many different flavours that somehow came together perfectly into one meal. The owner was super friendly and accommodating, and I had lots of vegan options to choose from. Plus they're a family-run business if you like supporting the local community!
AMAZING place! My boyfriend and I tried it for the first time tonight and we were the most impressed. The owners were the kindest and the atmosphere was great. We shared the egg rolls, and three different types of tacos (sweet and sour pork, Vietnamese bbq pork, and chilled spicy chicken), and each item had so much flavour. My favourites were definitely the pork tacos!! 10/10 would recommend this place for anything from a quick snack to a late-evening date night dinner.
Sula Wok is a Tibetan restaurant that serves fantastic food. Sula and Andrew demonstrate pride in their customer service and delicious eats. They put their heart and soul to ensure that the food is worth the stop. I can tell you from personal experience that it definitely is; if you are in the area and want a fantastic meal, the Sula Wok is the place to visit!
Loved our first experience there tonight! The staff (owners) were incredibly friendly and are clearly very passionate about making delicious food and a good experience! We dined in and are so happy to have found this gem in our neighbourhood. Can’t wait to taste our way through their whole menu!
I have visited this place a few times. The owners are affable, charming and I always learn something. I had a meal of Asian tacos, one beef, two pork. The tacos are outstanding. The vegetables are pickled, the sauces, like the tacos are fresh and cooked before you by sula herself. The tables are very rustic and display some jewelry made by Sula. On my next visit, I purchased the dumplings...again superb. This place is a must stop. I have brought friends and family alike, and they are all literally blown away by the taste and quality. The peanut sauce...what can I say. Karine Langley
Friendly staff and flavourful food! I had the dumplings and the extra hot sauce and pickled veg that comes with the dumplings is tasty. I highly recommend that dish. I also tried the Tibetan noodle - while not truly Tibetan in flavour or style, it still tasted pretty good.
I visited this place yesterday and was happy to find an unpretentious little gem off Main St. The food, with offerings of gluten free and vegan options, was prepared fresh and delicious. We shared tacos and a curry rice bowl, ample portions for two. The owner is engaging and service is fast. Plenty of parking around the lovely neighborhood.
People Love Our Food
- Thank you for the amazing dinner tonight. Our daughter is usually a fussy eater and after dinner at your new restaurant she asked if we could come every weekend and eat the leftovers throughout the week! Amazing food and we look forward to sampling more items soon.Carrie AlymanPharma
- Sula makes amazingly creative dishes. She uses fresh ingredients and lots of vegetables to create unique food full of flavour. Included are many different toppings to suit a variety of tastes. There are wonderful vegetarian, meat and gluten free options. I highly recommend any of her dishesRuth
- Sula has the best momo's I have had outside of Nepal. Fresh, ingredients, tasty, reasonable prices. Highly recommended!Jayneretired public servant
- Our family has been following Sula in her various incarnations for the past few years. She is everywhere in Ottawa...downtown with her cart, on the frozen canal with a pop-up booth, in different parks and last Sunday at the Ottawa Food Truck Rendevous. Sula is from Tibet and makes great Asian food. Her Asian taco creations are light, tasty and full of healthy items and come with tofu, chicken or beef. My favourite dish from Sula is a Tibetan speciality - momos! These are like dumplings and Sula puts all kinds of fun stuff on them and you have a choice of hot, cucumber or ginger sauce and crushed peanut or sesame seed toppings, We bump into her so much she know all out names. Rumour has it she is planning to expand. Good luck Sula!
- Sula's tacos were the highlight of the Asian Fest for me and my wife this year. The bold flavours of the toppings combined perfectly with the savoury fillings. We were truly blown away and will now seek out the trucks for regular visits!BillPsychologist
- Fantastic dumplings and salads, home made pickles and other goodness makes this the perfect spot on snowy day.Blair CampbellSearching for the perfect dumplings *found them