This is one of my new favourite restaurants! Sula is such a hard and skillful worker and is truly doing her work with passion and expertise. This is a place with quality food, great portion sizes, and amazing prices. You can count on having great customer service and on being served by trustworthy workers. I definitely recommend everyone to visit. The pork and eggplant rice bowl is one of my favourites!
We went there for the first time last night. We found the service was really friendly. We really enjoyed the fresh ingredients and tasty flavors. The portion sizes were very generous. We had the dumplings and the eggplant dish. The sauce on the eggplant dish was really tasty. Good comfort food. The Dumpling special included lots of dumplings, toasted nicely and came with a choice of ginger sauce, sesame sauce, or sriracha sauce. Will definitely be going back.
Loved our first experience there tonight! The staff (owners) were incredibly friendly and are clearly very passionate about making delicious food and a good experience! We dined in and are so happy to have found this gem in our neighbourhood. Can’t wait to taste our way through their whole menu!
I ate at Sula Wok with my sister who was visiting from Toronto. We had the Momos, Sula's Saucy Pad Thai and the Spring Roll Salad. All of the dishes were exceptional and delicious. The home made sauces that Sula makes add another level of depth and flavour to the dishes. My sister said the food was better than any she'd tasted in Toronto.
I just love Sula Wok! Everything is made from scratch by Sula herself. It is tasteful, delicious and affordable. The service is always personalized. They make you feel warmly welcomed. Summer time, you can eat outside as they offer 3 nice tables. Otherwise, you can eat inside or buy as a take out. If you want to eat at one of the best Asian food restaurant in Ottawa, I strongly recommend it.
Delicious mom & pop Asian restaurant/take-out shop! The owners are really inviting and friendly, and made the overall dining experience fantastic. We tried the eggplant rice bowl, the Tibetan beef tacos, and pork and chive dumplings. The menu offers many different choices, influenced from multiple Asian cuisines. As a result, the flavours and textures are really interesting and unique, particularly in Ottawa. Definitely a place I'll revisit!
Tried this place out after a Facebook recommendation and it is amazing. The food was delicious, filling and great portion size. The service was impeccable and the restaurant very clean. Sat outside and had an amazing lunch. The staff was super grand! I will definitely be back. I had the coconut, noodles with tofu, vegetarian dumplings and my friend had the spring roll salad and she enjoyed it! I highly recommend this place and will be back!
I was lucky to stumble upon this gem on an empty stomach a few months ago. Not only is the food fresh and delicious, but the service is stellar. I've since been back with a group, on my own, and I recently placed a small (last-minute) catering order for an office party. Every interaction is an absolute pleasure and the fare terrifically tasty!
I went here with my family tonight for the first time. We all loved our meals, the food was delicious and flavourful. Everything tasted authentic and homemade. The prices and the service was fantastic! They had a cute patio too which would be fabulous on a sunny day. I will be returning again!
I visited this place yesterday and was happy to find an unpretentious little gem off Main St. The food, with offerings of gluten free and vegan options, was prepared fresh and delicious. We shared tacos and a curry rice bowl, ample portions for two. The owner is engaging and service is fast. Plenty of parking around the lovely neighborhood.
I had dinner here with my family. The food was as amazing as it looks. The owners were very helpful making sure our dietary requests were met. The sauces to put on top were delicious. And it didn't go unnoticed that they use eco friendly cups, dishes and cutlery.
Decided to try Sula Wok tonight for dinner (take out). As soon as I walked in, the owners were inviting, gladly offering to explain the menu and offer recommendations. I was picking up dinner for two, and got the Mild Thai Lemongrass rice bowl, Spicy Sichuan Peanut rice bowl, and the Pork & Chive dumplings. Everything was wonderful! Fresh ingredients and full of flavour. A great audition to the neighbourhood. I wish them every success! Go check them out!!!!
People Love Our Food
- Sula has the best momo's I have had outside of Nepal. Fresh, ingredients, tasty, reasonable prices. Highly recommended!Jayneretired public servant
- Our family has been following Sula in her various incarnations for the past few years. She is everywhere in Ottawa...downtown with her cart, on the frozen canal with a pop-up booth, in different parks and last Sunday at the Ottawa Food Truck Rendevous. Sula is from Tibet and makes great Asian food. Her Asian taco creations are light, tasty and full of healthy items and come with tofu, chicken or beef. My favourite dish from Sula is a Tibetan speciality - momos! These are like dumplings and Sula puts all kinds of fun stuff on them and you have a choice of hot, cucumber or ginger sauce and crushed peanut or sesame seed toppings, We bump into her so much she know all out names. Rumour has it she is planning to expand. Good luck Sula!
- Fantastic dumplings and salads, home made pickles and other goodness makes this the perfect spot on snowy day.Blair CampbellSearching for the perfect dumplings *found them
- The green papaya salad is amazing! Perfect sweet, sour, salty and spicy. Yum!Gabrielle
- I've always loved stopping at the cart for a taco and now with an expanded menu and a full time restaurant I can get Sula Wok whenever I want! So delicious!Selena KarkashHuge fan
- Sula's tacos were the highlight of the Asian Fest for me and my wife this year. The bold flavours of the toppings combined perfectly with the savoury fillings. We were truly blown away and will now seek out the trucks for regular visits!BillPsychologist