Sula Wok is a Tibetan restaurant that serves fantastic food. Sula and Andrew demonstrate pride in their customer service and delicious eats. They put their heart and soul to ensure that the food is worth the stop. I can tell you from personal experience that it definitely is; if you are in the area and want a fantastic meal, the Sula Wok is the place to visit!
This is an AMAZING family run business!! You won’t regret stopping here for some Asian food. Great range of menu options, very friendly and attentive service. Really enjoyed their decor as well. Home made food cooked right in front of you...sooo delicious!
This place is amazing! Their tacos are out of this world, and by having meat, vegan and gluten-free options almost everyone can be accommodated. Their dumplings are so flavourful and I wish I could buy a bottle of the peanut sauce that came with it for home. The restaurant is owned and run by a husband and wife, the latter originating from Tibet, and the atmosphere reflects it. Come in the summer to enjoy the patio and tasty food! (But honestly come all the time)
Excellent vegan selection. Great flavours (dumplings, tacos, bowls). Definitely recommend. They do have a high chair here (my ten month old ate and enjoyed too)!
In sincerity Sula Wok holds a special place in the city. The food is of high quality and is made with care, they really do bring you their best! Fresh and tasty, fun too...highly recommend!
Creative and thoughtful menu with lots of homemade touches, fast and friendly service, good portions and prices...all around wonderful little spot. Plenty of vegan options as well. Don't forget to ask for your loyalty card!
I was lucky to stumble upon this gem on an empty stomach a few months ago. Not only is the food fresh and delicious, but the service is stellar. I've since been back with a group, on my own, and I recently placed a small (last-minute) catering order for an office party. Every interaction is an absolute pleasure and the fare terrifically tasty!
this is one of those spots that I've been telling all of my friends about because I want them to experience what I experience when I come here. This place is for anyone that loves Asian cuisine. Truly authentic foods from Southeast Asia and China that we are very lucky to be tasting far far away from the original place of inception. Sula's recipes and cooking is very fresh, as she grows her own ingredients, and very knowledgable, as she seems to continually be iterating new recipes or refining old ones. An incredible variety in the menu (over 20 options, all very complex) is the reason why I will always be coming back here. Well, that and the very local approach to business by Sula and her husband Andrew. Thanks you two for being courageous enough to start something like this. I am very lucky to have tried authentic foods I never would have been able to taste living in Ottawa, like the Guilin Noodles.
AMAZING place! My boyfriend and I tried it for the first time tonight and we were the most impressed. The owners were the kindest and the atmosphere was great. We shared the egg rolls, and three different types of tacos (sweet and sour pork, Vietnamese bbq pork, and chilled spicy chicken), and each item had so much flavour. My favourites were definitely the pork tacos!! 10/10 would recommend this place for anything from a quick snack to a late-evening date night dinner.
First time visitor. The owner is extremely courteous and really passionate about her food. Small seating area inside in addition to take out. Food is prepared quickly and presented well. Great atmosphere and wonderful tasting food. Looking forward to visiting again in the future.
My goodness, where to start? This is a very quaint mom and pop style joint. As a Vietnamese foodie, I seek out flavor of the highest degree when dining Asian cuisine. There is something so genuine about the innovation and love put into the dishes here. I had the curry beef Asian taco as well as the pork chive dumplings. 12/10, highly recommend!
A neighborhood gem! The owners put their heart and soul into the business and the food...and it shows! Great vegan and vegetarian options but plenty of meat if you swing that way too. Everyone can be satisfied! Super allergy aware as well which is appreciated. If you need it served a certain way just ask and Andrew and Sula will do their best to meet your needs. Old Ottawa East is lucky to have Sula Wok cooking up goodness on Main Street. The recent addition of oat milk based ice cream was welcome. Try a sample!
People Love Our Food
- Sula makes amazingly creative dishes. She uses fresh ingredients and lots of vegetables to create unique food full of flavour. Included are many different toppings to suit a variety of tastes. There are wonderful vegetarian, meat and gluten free options. I highly recommend any of her dishesRuth
- I've always loved stopping at the cart for a taco and now with an expanded menu and a full time restaurant I can get Sula Wok whenever I want! So delicious!Selena KarkashHuge fan
- Sula has the best momo's I have had outside of Nepal. Fresh, ingredients, tasty, reasonable prices. Highly recommended!Jayneretired public servant
- The green papaya salad is amazing! Perfect sweet, sour, salty and spicy. Yum!Gabrielle
- Thank you for the amazing dinner tonight. Our daughter is usually a fussy eater and after dinner at your new restaurant she asked if we could come every weekend and eat the leftovers throughout the week! Amazing food and we look forward to sampling more items soon.Carrie AlymanPharma
- Fantastic dumplings and salads, home made pickles and other goodness makes this the perfect spot on snowy day.Blair CampbellSearching for the perfect dumplings *found them