My second time eating here in 2 days. I tried the Thai Chicken Dumplings yesterday and loved them so much I went back today and had both the beef and the pork. Perfect. Best dumplings I’ve ever had. Service is fast and friendly. Everyone around me was ordering Asian Tacos. I asked someone about them and she raved at how good they are. That's next on my list of their tasty looking treats. A great newish place in a neighbourhood that needed something like this. Will be back whenever I’m out this way.
I came here for lunch for the first time and had the portobello mushroom and sweet potato tacos. They were so good that I'm going back for dinner tonight to try more of the menu! The food was fresh and there were so many different flavours that somehow came together perfectly into one meal. The owner was super friendly and accommodating, and I had lots of vegan options to choose from. Plus they're a family-run business if you like supporting the local community!
this is one of those spots that I've been telling all of my friends about because I want them to experience what I experience when I come here. This place is for anyone that loves Asian cuisine. Truly authentic foods from Southeast Asia and China that we are very lucky to be tasting far far away from the original place of inception. Sula's recipes and cooking is very fresh, as she grows her own ingredients, and very knowledgable, as she seems to continually be iterating new recipes or refining old ones. An incredible variety in the menu (over 20 options, all very complex) is the reason why I will always be coming back here. Well, that and the very local approach to business by Sula and her husband Andrew. Thanks you two for being courageous enough to start something like this. I am very lucky to have tried authentic foods I never would have been able to taste living in Ottawa, like the Guilin Noodles.
Good food. Great service. Fair prices
Incredible food made by an incredible family. Every time I try a new item on their menu I love it! I highly recommend their portobello mushroom tacos and the momo dumplings, both of which can be made vegan upon request (among many other vegan friendly items). One of my favourite restaurants in Ottawa for sure 🙂
This place is amazing! Their tacos are out of this world, and by having meat, vegan and gluten-free options almost everyone can be accommodated. Their dumplings are so flavourful and I wish I could buy a bottle of the peanut sauce that came with it for home. The restaurant is owned and run by a husband and wife, the latter originating from Tibet, and the atmosphere reflects it. Come in the summer to enjoy the patio and tasty food! (But honestly come all the time)
I love this place. The food is fabulous. Dumplings!!!! Asian Tacos!!!! The lovely husband and wife that own it are so nice and they care about their customers. It's fun flavorful food in a great little space. I'll be back for sure.
Amazing food. The owner was very nice to me. This was my first time at sula wok and I asked what he would recommend. The fried noodle and the lemon grass vermicelli was very good. I would recommend if your in the area or just make your way down. Amazing
Highly recommend! Food is flavourful, fresh and with a broad selection of vegan and vegetarian items too. Delicious, reasonably priced, and such a fantastic addition to the neighbourhood. Andrew and Sula and family are delightful hosts - also great for takeout and lovely setting inside and outside. Very homey!
Delicious tacos and momos, great to grab some Suzy Q and lunch and eat in the park across the street!
Very delicious! Worth trying both their dumplings and tacos. Plenty of vegan options and you'll have a hard time finding friendlier owners!
Decided to try Sula Wok tonight for dinner (take out). As soon as I walked in, the owners were inviting, gladly offering to explain the menu and offer recommendations. I was picking up dinner for two, and got the Mild Thai Lemongrass rice bowl, Spicy Sichuan Peanut rice bowl, and the Pork & Chive dumplings. Everything was wonderful! Fresh ingredients and full of flavour. A great audition to the neighbourhood. I wish them every success! Go check them out!!!!
People Love Our Food
- Fresh Fresh Fresh Tasty. We had the egg rolls and pork tacos and they were delicious. Wish I got one of their frozen treats. Will be back to try other yummy selectionsLizSales Please change below it’s you’re NOT your in this context
- I am a frequent visitor to this delightful family enterprise. The Asian style food has options for every diet. The atmosphere friendly & the owners will likely learn your name. Try Sula's Spicy Pad Thai and you'll be challenged to try anything else on the menu.... but who would have thought of a variety of Asian Tacos!! You just have to seek this place out in the revival of Old Ottawa East, it's easy to find on Main Street across from St Paul's Catholic University and close to Immaculata High.JeanieHungary Consultant living in Old Ottawa East - YAY !!
- Sula has the best momo's I have had outside of Nepal. Fresh, ingredients, tasty, reasonable prices. Highly recommended!Jayneretired public servant
- So grateful to have Sula Wok in our neighbourhood now. The Old Ottawa East food scene is much improved by their presence. I'm a vegetarian and it has become my favourite local spot.Linda
- The Chicken Fried Rice is just a pearl to the tastebuds. Full with green vegetables, it is absolutely and amazing healthy and delicious at the same time. I cannot stop going there just to eat this. I highly recommend this place if you want a taste of Asia.Dylann P.uOttawa Student
- Sula's tacos were the highlight of the Asian Fest for me and my wife this year. The bold flavours of the toppings combined perfectly with the savoury fillings. We were truly blown away and will now seek out the trucks for regular visits!BillPsychologist